In live poker, the top card of the deck is discarded before any cards are dealt. This is known as burning a card or the ‘burn card’. This is done out of courtesy and as an anti tampering measure, in the event that someone may know what the top card is or have wrongfully placed a card on top of the deck.
Recently Added Terms
Popular Poker Terms
- Should You Still Be Reading Gambling Books in 2019?
- New and Unusual Poker Variations and How To Adapt To Them
- Guide to Common Poker Terms
- How to Play Caribbean Stud Poker – Rules and Strategy
- Low-Risk Bets: Why the Safe Option Isn’t Always Best
- From Live Poker to Jackpot Slots: Getting Started with Online Casinos
- How to Find the Best Online Slot Bonus
- 4 Amazing Poker Games to Play Against a Live Dealer Online
- The Most Commonly Played Online Poker Games
- A Guide to Short Stack Poker