Recently Added Terms
Popular Poker Terms
- Best Online Poker Sites For Beginners
- Top Bankroll Management Tips for Online Poker
- Poker Experts Play Different Games – And You Should Too
- Things to Know Before Playing Poker Online
- Virtual Reality: The Future of Online Poker?
- Online Poker Tells You Need To Know About
- Four Benefits of Playing Poker
- Different Ways to Play Poker Online
- Checking the Nuts – Is It Legal?
- How Can Roulette Probabilities Help You Understand The Math Behind Poker?
Category Archives: Poker Players
Daniel Negreanu was born on July 26, 1974 in Toronto, Canada. Daniel’s parents immigrated from Romania just before he was born. His father was an electrician, and he passed away in 1996. His mother used to make brown bag lunches for Daniel and his older brother and can be seen on all the poker shows with him.
When Daniel was 16 years old he started playing pool and betting on sports in local pool halls. He began playing poker in private clubs and local charity casinos. Once Daniel started playing poker, he got he got “the bug”, and within two months he was playing serious and doing quite well.
Phil Ivey was born in 1976 and grew up in New Jersey. He started out working in telemarketing and sales, but had a passion for poker and chose to dedicate himself to the game. His grandfather had taught him to play Stud poker but he was too young to get into the casinos in Atlantic City so he obtained a fake ID in the name of Jerome Graham. He played so often that the local players gave him the nickname “No Home Jerome” and on the day he was old enough to enter the casino legally, he apologized to the casino manager and said “My name is Phil, Phil Ivey”, the manager just laughed and said Phil Ivey will be a big name one day, never a truer word said in jest.