In September 2006, the United States House of Representatives and Senate passed legislation known as UIGEA (Unlawful Internet Gaming Enforcement Act) and president president George W. Bush signed into law on October 13, 2006. This law puts restrictions on financial institutions on funding monetary transactions with online casino gambling sites in the USA. The UIGEA states that credit cards, banks and other financial institutions may not allow the transferring of funds to unlawful Internet gambling websites. As a result many online gambling sites stopped accepting United States residents to play there.
Recently Added Terms
Popular Poker Terms
- How to Bluff Like A Pro
- Tips and Strategy for Online Poker Beginners
- Which Poker Game is Right for You?
- How To Maintain Objectivity Whilst Playing Poker
- Poker Versus Blackjack: The Similarities & Differences You Need To Know
- Basic Card Odds and Probabilities
- Razz Poker Game Rules
- Calculating Odds in Texas Hold’em Poker
- The Most Interesting Texas Hold’em Poker Games Online Right Now
- Could Learning the Kelly Criterion Improve Your Poker Game?