In September 2006, the United States House of Representatives and Senate passed legislation known as UIGEA (Unlawful Internet Gaming Enforcement Act) and president president George W. Bush signed into law on October 13, 2006. This law puts restrictions on financial institutions on funding monetary transactions with online casino gambling sites in the USA. The UIGEA states that credit cards, banks and other financial institutions may not allow the transferring of funds to unlawful Internet gambling websites. As a result many online gambling sites stopped accepting United States residents to play there.
Recently Added Terms
Popular Poker Terms
- Online Poker Tells You Need To Know About
- Four Benefits of Playing Poker
- Different Ways to Play Poker Online
- Checking the Nuts – Is It Legal?
- How Can Roulette Probabilities Help You Understand The Math Behind Poker?
- How To Choose The Ideal Video Poker Game For You
- A Quick Guide to Texas Hold’em Poker
- Should You Still Be Reading Gambling Books in 2019?
- New and Unusual Poker Variations and How To Adapt To Them
- Guide to Common Poker Terms