In September 2006, the United States House of Representatives and Senate passed legislation known as UIGEA (Unlawful Internet Gaming Enforcement Act) and president president George W. Bush signed into law on October 13, 2006. This law puts restrictions on financial institutions on funding monetary transactions with online casino gambling sites in the USA. The UIGEA states that credit cards, banks and other financial institutions may not allow the transferring of funds to unlawful Internet gambling websites. As a result many online gambling sites stopped accepting United States residents to play there.
Recently Added Terms
Popular Poker Terms
- A Quick Guide to Texas Hold’em Poker
- Should You Still Be Reading Gambling Books in 2019?
- New and Unusual Poker Variations and How To Adapt To Them
- Guide to Common Poker Terms
- How to Play Caribbean Stud Poker – Rules and Strategy
- Low-Risk Bets: Why the Safe Option Isn’t Always Best
- From Live Poker to Jackpot Slots: Getting Started with Online Casinos
- How to Find the Best Online Slot Bonus
- 4 Amazing Poker Games to Play Against a Live Dealer Online
- The Most Commonly Played Online Poker Games