In September 2006, the United States House of Representatives and Senate passed legislation known as UIGEA (Unlawful Internet Gaming Enforcement Act) and president president George W. Bush signed into law on October 13, 2006. This law puts restrictions on financial institutions on funding monetary transactions with online casino gambling sites in the USA. The UIGEA states that credit cards, banks and other financial institutions may not allow the transferring of funds to unlawful Internet gambling websites. As a result many online gambling sites stopped accepting United States residents to play there.
Recently Added Terms
Popular Poker Terms
- Checkout These Important Gambling Tips for Casino Players
- Getting the Measure of Your Opponent
- Train Your Brain – Online Games That Are Good for the Mind and Why Poker Tops the List
- Texas Hold’em – Playing The River
- How To Stop Your Poker And Gambling Losses
- High Rollers: Why to Put Everything at Stake and Test Your Luck?
- Online Pokies Action at All Slots Australian Casino
- Video Poker: Origins and Variants
- How Should You React to an Unknown Player?
- Poker Strategy: Let’s talk about Aggression!
- What is a Prop Poker Player?