In poker, a nit refers to a tight player that only plays a narrow selection of hands. They’re unlikely to be involved in the hand unless they have an ultra-premium hand. So when they come out betting on the flop and later streets, they usually have you beat, and it would be unwise to try and bluff them.
Recently Added Terms
Popular Poker Terms
- Checkout These Important Gambling Tips for Casino Players
- 3 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Video Poker
- Getting the Measure of Your Opponent
- Train Your Brain – Online Games That Are Good for the Mind and Why Poker Tops the List
- Texas Hold’em – Playing The River
- How To Stop Your Poker And Gambling Losses
- High Rollers: Why to Put Everything at Stake and Test Your Luck?
- Online Pokies Action at All Slots Australian Casino
- Video Poker: Origins and Variants
- How Should You React to an Unknown Player?
- Poker Strategy: Let’s talk about Aggression!