In poker, a nit refers to a tight player that only plays a narrow selection of hands. They’re unlikely to be involved in the hand unless they have an ultra-premium hand. So when they come out betting on the flop and later streets, they usually have you beat, and it would be unwise to try and bluff them.
Recently Added Terms
Popular Poker Terms
- From Live Poker to Jackpot Slots: Getting Started with Online Casinos
- How to Find the Best Online Slot Bonus
- 4 Amazing Poker Games to Play Against a Live Dealer Online
- The Most Commonly Played Online Poker Games
- A Guide to Short Stack Poker
- The Case for Choosing Pineapple Poker as Your Home Game Staple
- How to Bluff Like A Pro
- Tips and Strategy for Online Poker Beginners
- Which Poker Game is Right for You?
- How To Maintain Objectivity Whilst Playing Poker