According to pokerplayersresearch.com the 2.6 percent of the adult population who consider poker to be something more than a hobby is constantly looking for ways to improve and get to a higher level. In the cutthroat world of poker in which more and more people are competing every year, this is imperative. The playing figures at the World Series of Poker say it all. In 1970, there were only seven entrants to the Main Event where it was decided that Johnny Moss was the best in the world, but in 2017, when Scott Blumstein emerged victorious, there were 7,221 players. This massive increase not only shows the growing popularity of the game but also highlights the fact that getting to the latter stages of major tournaments like this is getting ever more difficult.
Recently Added Terms
Popular Poker Terms
- Could Learning the Kelly Criterion Improve Your Poker Game?
- Who To Trust: How To Evaluate Tips, Tricks & Strategies
- Multi-Table Tournament Strategy
- Different Types of Online Poker Variants
- Using Position to Steal Pots
- Understanding Side Pots
- Playing More Poker Hands Is A Winning Strategy
- How the Social Media Accounts of Poker Pros Can Improve Your Game
- Inside the Mind of a Poker Player
- How to Sign up for an Online Poker Account