Recently Added Terms
Popular Poker Terms
- Guide to Common Poker Terms
- How to Play Caribbean Stud Poker – Rules and Strategy
- Low-Risk Bets: Why the Safe Option Isn’t Always Best
- From Live Poker to Jackpot Slots: Getting Started with Online Casinos
- How to Find the Best Online Slot Bonus
- 4 Amazing Poker Games to Play Against a Live Dealer Online
- The Most Commonly Played Online Poker Games
- A Guide to Short Stack Poker
- The Case for Choosing Pineapple Poker as Your Home Game Staple
- How to Bluff Like A Pro
Category Archives: Poker Players
Daniel Negreanu was born on July 26, 1974 in Toronto, Canada. Daniel’s parents immigrated from Romania just before he was born. His father was an electrician, and he passed away in 1996. His mother used to make brown bag lunches for Daniel and his older brother and can be seen on all the poker shows with him.
When Daniel was 16 years old he started playing pool and betting on sports in local pool halls. He began playing poker in private clubs and local charity casinos. Once Daniel started playing poker, he got he got “the bug”, and within two months he was playing serious and doing quite well.
Phil Ivey was born in 1976 and grew up in New Jersey. He started out working in telemarketing and sales, but had a passion for poker and chose to dedicate himself to the game. His grandfather had taught him to play Stud poker but he was too young to get into the casinos in Atlantic City so he obtained a fake ID in the name of Jerome Graham. He played so often that the local players gave him the nickname “No Home Jerome” and on the day he was old enough to enter the casino legally, he apologized to the casino manager and said “My name is Phil, Phil Ivey”, the manager just laughed and said Phil Ivey will be a big name one day, never a truer word said in jest.